Powered By Blogger

Friday, November 3, 2017

SOMETIMES TIME AND LIFE GETS AWAY FROM YOU!


Image result for images of wind storm in Summerland, BC    Image result for images of wind storm in Summerland, BCImage result for images of wind storm in Summerland, BC      
Image result for images of wind storm in Summerland, BC   I guess we were lucky we only lost our Walnut Tree.



A new month!  Where does time go....I had to put new tires on my car yesterday!  I opted to buy all weather tires, instead of putting on new winter ones.  I only travel locally by car, I do not drive over mountain passes, etc. would rather use other means of transportation other than having to drive myself!

The summer went by quickly!  It was too hot....now it has changed to winter!  It has skipped the usual beautiful fall, that we usually have.  We had about 4 inches of new  (very wet) snow overnight.  It was a nightmare to shovel, as it was sooooooo wet!  We live on a main route, so the plow and sand trucks inundate out driveway when they are plowing  I was out there before 5:00 am, to clear my driveway.  They promise us, that more snow is on the way! 

It has been a busy time in general.  We never had a chance to rake all the leaves before the snow.  They are still on the trees.  We had a big wind storm a couple of weeks ago and our walnut tree broke in half, so that is still laying on the lawn.  We are waiting for a tree company to come and cut it up and haul it away.  We were lucky it did not land on the house!  Other people were not so lucky.  Depending on the weather, if they manage to get her to fix it up!

In the  meantime,  I will try to get all the other things done that need doing.  There never seems to be enough hours in the day, to get everything done.  How I managed when  I was working, I have no idea!


2 comments:

  1. Life OFTEN gets away from me.
    Sad to see the loss of your tree - and grateful that it didn't take your house (or you) with it. Many years ago my father told me he didn't know how he had found time to work. I sneered to myself. After my own retirement I have mentally apologised. Often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't work out now how I managed to do so many things... Maybe I wasn't doing them as well as I imagined! Cheers

    ReplyDelete